The Continuing Adventures of Mon and Waz

The Adventures of Captain Warren and First Mate Monica. Having completed America's Great Loop in 2014, life doesn't slow down for these intrepid travelers. Each year brings new challenges; some good, some bad, but challenges nonetheless! 2017 sees them renting an apartment while 'Untide' is For Sale. Life on terra firma isn't all it is cracked up to be, but more change is in the wind. Read on for the latest!

Monday 31 October 2016

No Internet for almost 2 months!

Hi Folks.
Here we are in Paris at the end of our 9 weeks in Brittany, France. So much has happened since I last posted on the 4th of October, and the post I just published is plenty old by now, but had remained in a draft file for lack of internet. Now that is published, it will take me plenty of time to get all the other posts up and running to document the rest of our long stay.
We have a day to explore parts of Paris, tomorrow, that we have not previously explored, and then we hop on a plane back to the USA.
A few photos to keep you going.
Being Autumn, the trees are glorious, and our late afternoon walk around the left back Montparnasse and Boulevard St Michel, left me with some lovely photos. Enjoy, and I will get back to you upon our return stateside and when I have time.

The Luxembourg Gardens at sunset, with the Elysee Palace in the background. The gendarmes went throughout the gardens blowing their whistles to get everyone to leave as they lock the gates at sunset.

Today is Halloween Day in the rest of the world (really?) but in France, it is All Saints Day. Chrysanthemums are everywhere. We read (after wondering) that it is a crime in most parts of France not to tend to your ancestors grave in the town cemetiere. So, for All Saints Day, you are supposed to dress the grave with fresh Mums. they are not only on the graves, but in all the town plantings, and as you can see here, also in the city of Paris, in the Luxembourg Gardens.


The Elysee Palace at sunset.

Warren was content to sit (in the blue jacket) while I went around taking photos of all the goings on.

All the rented sail boats were being returned to the vendor, as the sun went down.

Parents and kids everywhere around the Lake in front of the Elysee Palace. These are the last few sailboats on the water, before calling it quits.
 The sun is almost gone. Elysee Palace.

In 1981, when I lived and worked in east Paris, I bought myself a lovely pure wool beret to wear...it was March, and very cold when I first arrived. It proved itself to be a good purchase. Today, Waz and I purchased a couple of others. He got blue to highlight his baby blue eyes, and I got a red one.  People laughed or smiled at us being so obviously tourist, but we don't care. they are very warm when the sun goes down and the wind comes up.

that's it for now, folks.
Back to regular programming, and I look forward to sharing the rest of our visit with you. In the meantime, I have a computer to get fixed , which may take a month, and I may not be able to get access to any of my photos, so it might be a while.
A Bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment