The Continuing Adventures of Mon and Waz

The Adventures of Captain Warren and First Mate Monica. Having completed America's Great Loop in 2014, life doesn't slow down for these intrepid travelers. Each year brings new challenges; some good, some bad, but challenges nonetheless! 2017 sees them renting an apartment while 'Untide' is For Sale. Life on terra firma isn't all it is cracked up to be, but more change is in the wind. Read on for the latest!

Monday 25 August 2014

Pentwater Lake and a day at rest...if only...

The idiot boaters would GO AWAY and leave us alone. We got sooooo sick and tired of the rocking and rolling due to the wakes of inconsiderate fast boaters and with jet skiers too.

Sunday morning dawned windy and grey. We were overjoyed, as this meant the casual boater would stay off the water. The water was very choppy, but it didn't matter to us, we were going the same way the waves were! Dinghying into the township was easy...this lake is small! and we found the town dinghy dock to tie up to.
Finding a REAL coffee shop wasn't too hard, and we chatted with the owner of the store while selecting some goodies for Christmas parcels.  We enjoyed our hot latte and walked to the end of the block of shops which had, at it's corner, a fabulous Children's book and toy store. Oh joy!
I had been told, on Saturday afternoon, that I am to become a grandmother. My son who lives on Maui, and his partner, are to become parents in February. So, guess what I did!???  I only purchased one gift...I have to be sensible, you know;)

This is the most amazing kids shop...which the owner calls The Grandparents Shop:) He was born in Honolulu, just after the war, we learned...coz I was telling him about my upcoming grandchild on Maui...and his wife has dedicated her life to children, as an educator and now as a store owner. You should have seen the Story Time room! WOW! Fabulous! I didn't take photos, sorry!
Leaving the Baby to go into town.
 At the town Dinghy dock.
 Condos on the waterfront
 Little Marinas for little boats.
 The main drag
 It says...Village of Pentwick Fish Cleaning Station. I love these places:)
 and here is the fish cleaning station.0
 This sign got my attention and made me giggle...
 as did this cook book!

 Pretty parks seem to be a theme in Michigan, in these small towns.
 Very clean and orderly!

We returned to the boat in time to make some lunch which we enjoyed on the fly deck.

As the sun cleared the air and the water calmed somewhat, out came the idiot boaters again.
I try not to stress about this, but the constant whumping of water under the duck board puts a huge amount of stress on the whole boat. Wake waves come up under us and make the whole boat shudder. It is very stressful, I can tell you.

Waz had various jobs to do in the afternoon, and also tried to distress. I spent time on the book I am writing about our journey. Well, I should say I spent time on Vol. 3 of the book...this volume is all Canada! It is good to write while the journey is fresh in our minds. So easy to forget where we have been...we have been to so many different places....and moving each day.
Another hot and restless night. I had so many thoughts rushing around in my head. Waz  slept like a log , of course.
We are hoping the weather will be fine for our trip south the White Lake, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment