The Continuing Adventures of Mon and Waz

The Adventures of Captain Warren and First Mate Monica. Having completed America's Great Loop in 2014, life doesn't slow down for these intrepid travelers. Each year brings new challenges; some good, some bad, but challenges nonetheless! 2017 sees them renting an apartment while 'Untide' is For Sale. Life on terra firma isn't all it is cracked up to be, but more change is in the wind. Read on for the latest!

Saturday 27 July 2013

Industry at it's finest.

Yes, I was going to post the photo from the last post, here. The one of me sewing. That's part of the industry.
The day dawned hot and clear on Friday. The wind was up again, which is nice when you consider the alternative...hot/humid/no air!

I suddenly had the opportunity to occupy the cockpit table to do some sewing. I had several 'jobs' that needed doing before I could create anything new.
First up...I had bought two pairs of capri trousers (come down to mid calf) which were way too hot to wear. I had already cut them off to create shorts (above the knee), and they needed hemming.
Got that done in short time, and then cut the long 3/4 sleeves off a shirt I hadnt been wearing because again, it was too hot to wear with longer sleeves. Im pleased with the results:)
The last chore was to patch my 'boat' shorts. These are old knit shorts that had huge holes in them. With the cut off capri material, I patched all the holes, and they are almost as good as new...well, kind of! they will last a LOT longer now. Good thing too.Cant have too many old clothes on a boat:)

Next! The curtains.

This is the 'original' length. they just brush the top of the chairs and get in the way when you are sitting there.
 

I had threatened to shorten the curtains. I have done two. Unpicked, cut and rehemmed. They look 100% better (in my opinion..and Waz's) and I cant wait to get the rest of them done.


 
 
I still have to launder 4 more, so will do that tomorrow (Sunday).
That was pretty much the rest of the day gone.
Waz was upstairs on the flydeck putting in another radio and two aerials. All installed and we are just waiting for a part to arrive to finish installing another piece of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment