The Continuing Adventures of Mon and Waz

The Adventures of Captain Warren and First Mate Monica. Having completed America's Great Loop in 2014, life doesn't slow down for these intrepid travelers. Each year brings new challenges; some good, some bad, but challenges nonetheless! 2017 sees them renting an apartment while 'Untide' is For Sale. Life on terra firma isn't all it is cracked up to be, but more change is in the wind. Read on for the latest!

Thursday 12 December 2013

I forgot to tell you...

...That the official mile count...Statute Miles, that is (as opposed to Nautical Miles)...is 1, 184 miles travelled in our boat. Phew!
All the way from Houston, Tx, across the top of the Gulf of Mexico, along the Florida Panhandle, diagonally across the Gulf of Mexico from Apalachacola to Tarpon Springs and down the ICW to Charlotte Harbor and up the harbor to Port Charlotte. 

We only have about 6,000 miles left to travel on our 'Loop'! Not bad:)

Our walk tonight was fascinating. Lots of Christmas lights around houses, up trees, umbrella types and palms too, fences, along docks, up masts etc etc. and the best one of all...this person wins the Mon's seal of approval...the anal person whose yard looks totally symmetrical and is just 'spot on'. Nothing left to chance, all in it's place and a light and flasher for everything. Very tasteful though. So tasteful, I thought I would like to take it all back to the boat and put it on the duck board...if it would fit!

Waz says I wont let him have any lights! Yes, he is pouting. I didnt say he couldn't have any lights...well, not in so many words. You see...when you only have so much space, all I said was;
"...and where do you think you are going to store them for the 360 days of the year that are not Christmas?". So, as you can see, I didnt ACTUALLY say, "You cant have any lights!"

He did have two opportunities to purchase lights. One the other day at Sam's Club, and today at Target. He CHOSE not to buy them...I NEVER said a thing! truly!

So, our boat remains light-less, for better or worse. Think of the electricity we are saving during this time of national crisis (huh?)

Anyway, there is the annual boat parade this coming sunday, but after dark, so I doubt if I will get any photos that are acceptable...we don't have a tripod to steady the camera for night time photography. We left those in the lock up in NZ. As I have said so many times before...when you only have one bag to pack your life into, getting on a plane to the other side of the world, what do you pack? not a tripod, let me tell you:)

It is just 10.15pm, and the wazster is reading a Tom Clancy novel, and I should be reading my book about Paris, my favorite city. The author is a New Yorker who took his wife and 8 month old to Paris to live for 5 yrs. He is a bit wordy, as only a New Yorker can be, but his descriptions of the places are oh so familiar, which I guess is why I am reading it. Familiarity.
Waz doesn't know it yet, but I am going to drag him off to Europe next! When? well, when we have finished boating in the USA, of course.

We wish we had some spare $$ right now as there are loooootttts of houses for sale in this area and some as low as $69k. Ok, so they aren't waterfront or canal properties, but they have 'potential' to do up. That might be the only potential they have as the prices of neighboring properties are no larger.

Oh well, one day in the middle of May, perhaps!

Night Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment